Any foreign visitor wishing to enter Mongolia must have a valid passport and visa.
Mongolian visas are issued by Mongolian Diplomatic Missions abroad or upon arrival at a special request.
For all information related to consular matters (e.g.: visas, citizenship, etc.), please contact in person by telephone or E-mail the nearest diplomatic or consular mission of Mongolia. (Mongolian diplomatic and consular missions abroad)
The following materials are required to obtain Mongolian visa:
1. Valid passport
2. One passport sized photo
3. Application form
4. - Either an invitation of the receiving entity (state, government, non-governmental organization, business entity) or an official request of the sending country and the organization.
- or, for tourists wishing to stay over 30 days up to 90 days, a letter of invitation from a travel agency of Mongolia
- or, if you are traveling on a personal invitation of a citizen of Mongolia, an invitation approved by the Office of Immigration, Naturalization and Foreign Citizens of Mongolia, and applicant's written statement concerning his/her financial credibility to cover his/her stay in Mongolia.
- or, for those passing Mongolia in transit, onward ticket and visa for next destination are required.
A) Single entry-exit visa - US$25; for urgent service (within a working day) US$50; this kind of visa is valid for three months from the date of issuing.
B) Multiple entry-exit visa valid for six months - US$65; for urgent service (within a working day) US$130,
C) Multiple entry-exit visa valid for one year - US$130; for urgent service (within a working day) US$ 260
D) Visa extension valid for one week - US$15; for urgent service (within a working day) US$30; US$2 per a day exceeding a week.
List of countries without visa fee
1. India - All type of passports need a visa, no visa applications, photos and fees required
2. USA- no visa for all type of passport holders, including A, H, J visas within 90 days.
Visit more than 90 days need visa, service charge - $45, no visa fee required